Special Feature!! -Jenjie

Good morning everyone! We have a special Thursday feature for you (to make up for the slack of last weeks NO features) and I'm very excited to introduce you to Jenjie!! Jenjie and I first met on Facebook when we became fans of eachother, and after I poked around in her shop I found out how much I love her products! All pics are linked to their listings on Etsy, so feel free to click away for more details! Sit back and relax this morning kids, and meet Jenjie!




1. Tell us a bit about yourself!

Hi, I am Jenjie, or Jennifer Head. I live in the North GA mountains in the small town of Dahlonega. I live there with my husband of 16 years, and my two children Joseph (11) and Genevieve (7). I am a homeschooling work at home MOM and I love it! I just made the switch from the corporate world to SAHM almost 1 year ago, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We stay very busy with Boy Scouts and Clogging and well, life!




2. When did you start crafting? Who/what inspired you to become an artist? Do you do different crafts than what we see on Etsy?

I started crafting as a child. My grandmother (Mama Cook) was a seamstress and I loved to watch her work. I would beg her to let me have her scraps to sew with, and as I got older, she let me help her quilt some. I never stopped! I cross stitch, crochet, sew, and have just started felting. I am always looking for something new to try. I am thinking of trying dolls and plushies next! :)




3. What was the sole purpose of opening your shop?

I opened my shop because I wanted to see if I could find a market for my items. When I decided to quit my real job and homeschool, it seemed like this was the best venue to try.




4. How did you decide on a shop name?

My shop name is a nickname that my Mom had for me as a child. I wanted a name that was different, something that would stand out.




5. What is your favourite item to create and why?

My favourite item to create is leg warmers. I want to keep them all because I love to be warm and snuggly! I like to think that at the end of a long, stressful day, they bring comfort.




6. What venues do you use to promote your work?

Promotion is something I have had to learn to love. I use Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and Etsy chat! Anything I can find. I think I get the most responses from Twitter. If I Tweet about a listing, I get a large number of views quickly. I like using Facebook best because I feel more interactive.





7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years concerning your crafting business?


In fine years I hope to be doing a brisk business! LOL! I hope that I have found my niche, and developed a steady clientele. I hope to see the Handmade purchases increase and less Mega store.




8. Is there any other information you'd like to share?

I am now offering FREE U.S. SHIPPING on all items. I will have a lot of great new items as well so check back often. New felted items are going to be popping up soon as well. Plus, for every 50 fan mark we hit, I host a giveaway on my Facebook Fan Page.




9. Name a few of your favourite things!

Chai tea, chick flicks, Christian Novels, the beach anytime, getting to visit my family, hanging out with my kids, hiking in the mountains, and visiting the apple orchards in the fall.




10. If you had a super power, what would it be and why?

If I had a super power, it would be flight. Then I could travel whenever I wanted without worrying about gas prices!



There you have it everyone! I hope you really enjoyed getting to know a little bit about Jenjie! Make sure you visit her Etsy, Blog, Facebook and Twitter where you can heart, follow, fan and follow again, so you can keep up to date on what this creative Etsian is doing! Thanks for stopping by!

Please feel free to comment on the features - all etsians love feedback! Plus, how am I doing on these features? Is there anything else you'd like me to be asking these creative folks??

2 comments:

Slumptown said...

Always wonderful to see new shops and people I haven't met yet. I especially love the fabric post cards.

Jennie Waterous said...

I love Jenjie's shop! It was a bit suprised to see her on your blog because I actually made her banner for her a little while back! Small world..

I really like her slippers! I plan on purchasing a pair from her soon.

Post a Comment

I dance a jig everytime someone comments!