Feature Friday! - Bagladee


Good morning kids!! It's time for another installment of Feature Friday! Today's feature is - Bagladee! Bagladee was very kind to answer all the questions on such short notice. I had forgotten to pick a new feature - whoops! But thanks to Bagladee for saving the day! All product pictures are linked directly to thier etsy listings. So click away to find out the details!

1. Let us know a bit about yourself!

Hello there, my name is Emma Castle and I am the designer/maker behind Bagladee. I was born in a little town near Durham, UK and moved to Nottingham 6 years ago to be with my wonderful (and very patient) boyfriend. I think I can say that when I moved here, I truly found myself. After completing my degree in Fashion & Textiles here in Nottingham, I felt kind of lost and I wasn't sure where I wanted to be, or what direction I was going in. It took me a year of living back home in Durham to realize that my heart was definitely in Nottingham... so here I am! Making bags started out as just something to pass the hours and a hobby, gradually it developed into what you see today. Although it's only over the past year that Bagladee has really started to bloom.


2. When did you start crafting? What/who inspired you to become an artist? Do you do different crafts then just what you sell on etsy?

I've always been making something or another since I was young, and I revelled in the fact that I could "play" with fabric whilst at college and Uni. I can't really say I was inspired to become an "artist". Crafting is just something I've always enjoyed, and was lucky enough to take the route that I have. I'd describe myself as one of those people where I will try pretty much any type of crafting and I love learning new skills.

3. What was the sole purpose of opening your shop?

To be honest, the sole purpose of my shop was that I had made so many bags, I needed to sell them to make room for more. So alongside hosting bag parties, I joined Etsy and then eventually started my own website.

4. How did you decide on a shop name?

My shop name was an easy choice. My boyfriend used to joke around saying I had made that many bags, people would start calling me the bag lady.... so Bagladee it became!


5. What is your favourite item to create, and why?

I love creating all items in my shops, but my favourite item to make has to be custom items. I love being sent a brief by someone else and having to interpret this into one of my creations. There's so much satisfaction creating something for a specific need and of course, the customer being so pleased with their custom item.

6. What venues do you use to promote your work? Which is your favourite to use? Have any particular ones been the most successful for you?

This year has seen me and Bagladee branching out. I now have:
a blog: http://emma-bagladee.blogspot.com
facebook page: http://facebook.com/pages/BAGLADEE/6461273117
twitter page: http://twitter.com/bagladee
flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/bagladee
folksy shop: http://folksy.com/shops/bagladee
website: http://www.bagladee.com/

My favourite to use being my blog, I love writing my ramblings down. It really helps me plan my days/weeks out as well as documenting Bagladee's progress. It also drives a lot of traffic to my website and etsy shop.


7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years concerning your crafting business?

In 5 years time I'd like to think I would be working full time on Bagladee after being able to give up my full time job, and maybe progress into designing/making a range of leather bags and accessories in yummy colours.

8. Is there any other information you'd like to share with us?

My advice to newbies would be to promote yourself as much as possible, and enjoy every step of the way.

All brooches are reduced to $7.00 with reduced shipping, limited stock available!

Don't forget to keep up to date with what's happening by following my blog, or signing up to my mailing list through my website to receive discounts and special offers!



9. Name a few of your favourite things!

Sewing, coffee, fabric, chocolate, shopping, breakfast in bed, films, hugs, cats, fresh bed linen and sunny days!

10. If you had a super power, what would it be and why?

The power to reverse climate change.
I hope everyone enjoyed today's feature! Don't forget to check out all of Bagladee's websites!
Stay tuned for tonites installment of "Friday Night Deals"

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love that first bag =D Nice calm green and orange colors =)

-Piki

Post a Comment

I dance a jig everytime someone comments!