Getting to know you Tuesdays! - Zeropumpkin




Good morning everyone! I am incredibly excited about my Tuesday Feature, Zeropumpkin. I have been a long time fan - I adore weird, "Halloween" inspired creations, so I immediately fell in love with everything in this shop! I first met Zeropumpkin in the Etsy chats (but that shouldn't be much of a surprise!) and have been stalking her ever since. So sit back and relax everyone, and meet the wonderfully talented Etsian behind Zeropumpkin! All pics are linked directly to their listings, so feel free to click away and find out more about these items.



1. Tell us a bit about yourself!

My name is Pauline, and I am a freelance graphic designer who loves to create everything related to art, that happens to come out of my mind! I am Chinese Malaysian located in Malaysia in the Capital City, Kuala Lumpur.



2. When did you start crafting? What/who inspired you to become an artist?

I don't really remember when I started crafting, lol. A lot of things inspire me, from music (The band I listen to most of the time is "The Smashing Pumpkins") to movies (Tim Burton movies), the Asian culture, and everything that I like to see, gives me ideas!



3. What was the sole purpose of opening your etsy shop?

The purpose of opening this shop is because I wanted to open a *real* shop a long time ago and sell my own designs, but I couldn't afford it! So, my friend in Australia sent me the Etsy link and asked me to join.



4. How did you decide on a shop name?

Well, the shop name comes from the band I like (The Smashing Pumpkins) They have a song called "Zero", plus the Tim Burton movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas" the ghost dog is called "Zero" as well! And, I love pumpkins! :p Ta da! The name is out. Well, I have had this name long before I opened a shop on etsy, I was originally thinking of opening a shop called "The Zeropumpkin Cafe" hehe.



5. What is your favourite item to create, and why?

I don't have a favourite item to create. As I've said, I create things that come out of my mind,even paintings and drawings. So I don't have a fave one. You could say all of my creations are my fave!



6. What venues do you use to promote your work?

I use my Blog and Facebook, Twitter and even Myspace. I use Blog the most, but none of the sales has ever come from my blog. All the sales have come from Etsy buyers or sellers.



7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years concerning your crafting business?

I really don't know after 5 years! :p Of course I want it to be good. I hope everyone likes my creations, and when I get sales, I'm always so happy! Because a sale means that people like, or love, my stuff!



8. Any other information you'd like to share?

I will probably be doing another giveaway soon. And as for advice for newbies, just do what you love!



9. Name a few of your favourite things!

Pumpkin goodies, Coke (collectable goodies), Music, graphic books, green tea (food or anything), sushi.



10. If you had a super power, what would it be, and why?

If I had a super power, I would want to save all the cute animals that are in trouble and need help, because they are too cute and harmful, and they don't deserve to die!



I hope everyone loved this feature as much as I did! Don't forget to visit and fan/follow or heart Zeropumpkins Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Etsy shop to see all the other wonderful things she's made! And feel free to comment on this feature, all Etsians love feedback!

Have a great day everyone!

(And just as a friendly reminder, have you all entered my GIVEAWAY for 10 Christmas cards of your choice?!)

2 comments:

zeropumpkin said...

thanks alot of featuring me in your blog :D, this is cool :)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wow - what a talented artist! I will definitely be checking out more of her work. :) Theresa

Post a Comment

I dance a jig everytime someone comments!