Feature Friday! - HJMart





Good morning everyone!! Are you ready for another terrific feature!? I absolutely love HJMart's paintings, and have been an admirer for quite a while, and when we 'met' in the etsy forums one day, I just knew I wanted to feature her art on my little blog. So sit back and relax, and meet the incredibly talented HJMart. All photos are linked to their listings on etsy, so feel free to click away to see more details.




1. Let us know a bit about yourself!

My name is Helen Janow Miqueo. I am an artist who sells her art on etsy and other venues. Born in Russia, I successfully completed Moscow's School of Art, and hold an AA Degree in Graphic Design. I have exhibited at numerous Californian Galleries and On-line Galleries. My work can also be found in many private and corporate collections around the country and abroad.




2. When did you start crafting? What/Who inspired you to become an artist?

I can say that I have been painting since I was born. As long as I remember myself, I have been creating something. Creativity was always in my family. My grandfather wanted to be an artist, but World War II interrupted his dreams. My grandmother was in incredibly talented woman who created very beautiful, intricate embroidery and crochet work. My mother is an architect. Following my family's steps, I am an artist. My art is influenced by Wassily Kandinsky, Jackson Pollack and Mark Rothko.




3. What was the sole purpose of opening your shop?

I love to create! The purpose of opening my etsy shop was to share my art with others. I really hope that visitors to my shop enjoy my art as much as I have enjoyed creating it!




4. How did you decide on a shop name?

This was a simple decision. HJM Art Gallery where HJM stands for initials of my name: Helen Janow Miqueo Art Gallery.




5. What is your favourite item to create, and why?

My paintings. They reflect my thoughts, feelings and experiences. And it is a privilege to share my work with others.



6. What venues do you use to promote your work? 

I promote my art in many different places including: My Facebook Personal Page, My Facebook Fan Page, HJM Art Gallery Blog, HJMart on Twitter, and HJMart on Flickr.




7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years concerning your crafting business?

I hope that my Etsy Shop will go to the next level and become my full time creative job.




8. Is there any other information you'd like to share with us?

My advice to new sellers - Never give up! Art and other art/crafts related business is a tough business with a lot of competition. It is so easy to get discouraged and give up. It is a roller coaster of ups and downs. No matter what others say or advise you to do, believe in yourself and stay the course.




9. Name a few of your favourite things!

So many things... Besides painting, it would be time with my family, tea, figure skating, good books, and movies.



10. If you had a super power, what would it be and why?

I would love to have more hours in a day.




Well everyone, I hope you truly enjoyed this Friday's feature!! I highly suggest you visit HJMart on Etsy, and become a fan/follower on Helen's Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Blog to keep on top of newest works as well as getting to know more about Helen and her amazing painting style!

Have a great Friday everyone!

2 comments:

zeropumpkin said...

:D its HJMar ..aww lovely work & pretty cool person :) hehe i see her now :D

Helen Janow Miqueo said...

Thank you soooo very much for featuring me! :-)

Post a Comment

I dance a jig everytime someone comments!