I made a sale! Woohoo!

Smurf Village Black and White - 8x10 Fine Art Photograph.


I'm very excited. And my husband is annoyed because I keep telling him I made a sale. I've done this atleast 6 times now. Yes, if you happen to check out my etsy shop, you'd see i've made 4 in total, so you may wonder why the heck i'm so excited about this particular sale? Well, because it WASN'T FAMILY that bought it! Now, I'm completely 100% appreciative of my family who purchased my wares, I really couldn't thank them enough. They've gotten "my name in the books" so to speak, because being a brand new seller with no purchases or feedback makes people hesitant to buy from you. Which is completely understandable. How can you know you'd trust the person? But on the other hand, it really flippin' sucks, 'cause if you've had no purchases because no one will buy from a newbie, how are you ever supposed to get purchases? So yes, incredibly appreciative of my fam! They got the ball rolling for me, and now other people can say "Hey, she's gotten positive feedback, i'll buy from her!"

I have to say though it's also helped a lot going into the etsy chats. At first i was hesitant to do it, because i didn't know what to expect. And my very first time going in there i felt like the new kid in school sitting in the corner with no one paying attention to me. I'd say something, no one would respond. All they did was talk about going grocery shopping and eating too much cheese. But the second and third time, i ended up meeting a heck of a lot of great people, and started having lots of fun. I've even gotten fans! I'm up to 21 "hearts" on my etsy site, 7 followers on this blog (my regular blog only had 9, and it was 60% family and friends!) and i'm up to 29 fans on my facebook fan site. It's pretty exciting! And i've also done my part of helping out fellow newbies by being the first purchaser from a young girl who makes jewelery. It wasn't particularly something i wanted, or needed, but i can definitely use it as a gift, it was only 6 bucks, and now a newbie has a purchase that she was incredibly excited about.

So far i've only had one bad experience on the etsy chats. And it's not like this person was outright mean (being mean in a public chat on etsy will get you booted) but y'know how you just get a vibe from someone that they're purposely doing things and saying things to make a point like "i'm not even going to look at your site"? This guy was a fellow photographer, onna those who boasts about how many galleries he's been in and how great and professional he is. It just seemed like he's the type that looks down on others, thinking he's so much better than them. I for one am supportive to other people. I'll help someone else out, i'll give suggestions, i'll answer questions, even if they're my direct competition in selling the same crafts i'm doing. But this guy's sitting in the "Featured Seller" chat room, and while i'm being featured (my products only being posted by other chatters to feature my shop) he's putting up his photographs, and since they were the same subject (flowers) it was hard to tell that it wasn't actually mine going up. Ass. Ah well, what can ya do? Y'know what I can do? Sell more damn photos than him! I made a sale today after all. I can sell more.

But forget about that dickwad, because he's a waste of time! I've met far more people that have only been great on the chats. And i'd like to mention one of them in particular, because as a fellow photographer, she's just starting up like myself, and her photos are fantastic! Love them all, but alas, (and this is another thing we have in common) our husbands don't give us a big enough allowance to purchase things. :) But please check out Rebecca's blog - Car Farm Creations . You won't be disappointed! She's a fellow Canadian, and i'm all about supporting Canadian arts! And if you don't support either of us, we've hashed out a plan where we're coming around to all your houses, pulling out hammers, smashing holes in the walls and then saying "Hey.. I have a perfect solution for all these holes... why don't you check out my photos for sale!"

Ah, that still makes me laugh! Anyhoo, in other news, i've finally started the bead work on my italiany yarned scarf! And what took me so long to do so you ask? Well, even though i have 3 buckets of beads, none of them were the colours i needed. (apparently when i was going through my biggest "bead phase" a few years back, i didn't purchase any turquoise or blue beads.) So, i went out to where my hubby works with his discount card in hand, and got myself some really nice glass beads! So then i began my attempt at putting the thread through the tiniest holed needle in the world and ya. That didn't happen. Despite trying for 2 hours and almost breaking the needle. Even crying didn't help! So, i hadda make that trip right back to the store, and buy myself a needle threader. I didn't really have the 6.50 to spare, but i ain't gonna be makin' money by crying and pleading with needle holes.

I'd put pics up of the beading i've been doing, but alas, i forgot to plug in the battery for my camera. So you'll all have to wait kids! Yes, i know you'll all be sitting there with baited breath for me to post a pic of a string of beads. But for now, i'll post a pic of my Smurf Village, the pic i sold today!! I should go, but, i'll leave you with an interesting story. Some of you may have noticed my avatar on Etsy. It's my pic i drew of Wendel Clark quite a few years back. Well, i've changed my avatar. Apparently there were people who thought i was a guy! And y'know, that makes so much sense, because sometimes it seemed like there were girls who thought i was creepy when i said i was following them on either blogs, facebook or etsy! Huh... I was the creepy guy. Anyhoo, i'm a nice pretty daisy now! So no need to get freaked out. :)



Have a great night everyone! I'm going back to not sleeping since my hubby is working overnights. (Now don't make too much fun of me like his boss Bill did "oooooooh someone can't sleeeeep without their husbaaaaaaand at home? Pooooor baaabyyy!!"... ass. hehe) it's actually the dog's fault. He's a whiney bitch ALL night without his "Precious". Oy. Hey! Maybe it's my husbands RANK feet smell which actually knocks the dog out and *thats* why he actually sleeps through the night! Oooh, now i get it.

*snort*

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations on the sale!!!!

Kimmy said...

welcome to etsy babe :) and FTR, I avoid the featured seller chat like the plague. Congrats on your official sale too!

Post a Comment

I dance a jig everytime someone comments!